- Oregon’s suffrage centennial has some novel programs, such as the traveling sash that’s photographed as it moves around the state (called “Follow the Sash”). A sash is available for $15 from the Oregon Women’s History Consortium. The centennial web site, “Century of Action,” has historical documents, essays, news, events, and suffrage history.
- Glencoe Elementary Suffrage Singers are shown above with Oregon’s first female governor, Barbara Roberts. The choir performed an original suffrage song called “Hey Mister” for audiences. Photo by Andie Petkus, courtesy of Oregon Women’s History Consortium, Century of Action project.
- For some of the Arizona suffrage centennial highlights, follow this link. New play part of Arizona celebration.
- Novel published in time for Kansas suffrage centennial celebration.
- You can subscribe to Suffrage Wagon News Channel on several platforms.
- Dutch women filmmakers include American suffragist Inez Milholland in story of heroines. suffragewagon.org/?p=8303 2 days ago
- Need for suffrage film, plus new book on suff leader Anna Howard Shaw. suffragewagon.org/?p=8294 #wmnhist 6 days ago
- Book with new perspective on suffrage leader Alice Paul scheduled for fall publication. suffragewagon.org/?p=8291 #wmnhist 1 week ago
- Meryl Streep joins cast of "Suffragette" film in the UK. Filming has started. suffragewagon.org/?p=8277 1 week ago
- New Zealand designer goes to New York with suffragette fashions. suffragewagon.org/?p=8273 #wmnhist #suffrage #suffragette 2 weeks ago
- Restore the Voting Rights Act in its entirety petitions.moveon.org/s/_k5Spt @moveon 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook