What was Grandmother Edna Kearns doing in June 100 years ago? Grassroots organizing at every opportunity. There were meetings –outdoors, indoors, up on soapboxes, standing on automobiles, out with the “Spirit of 1776″ wagon on the beach, and anywhere a crowd gathered. Such is the nature of grassroots organizing. You get out the message however you can, where ever you can. The South Side Observer was a Long Island paper. Edna knocked on editors’ doors with her columns and special suffrage reports. For information about Edna Kearns, her life and work –video and bio.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Suffrage news notes for December 2013 highlights UN video and what's happening in the UK, plus more. suffragewagon.org/?p=8092 1 day ago
- A 4th birthday for Suffrage Wagon News Channel. Video and centennial links. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8085 5 days ago
- Washing sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving: Marguerite's Musings. suffragewagon.org/?p=8079 1 week ago
- The saga of the lemon meringue pie, women's suffrage style. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8071 1 week ago
- The "Spirit of 1776" suffrage wagon under fire 100 years ago. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8069 2 weeks ago
- 12-year-old who calls herself a "suffragette" takes on NC governor. bayoubuzz.com/us-news/item/5… 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook