“The Spirit of 1776″ (Grandmother Edna Kearns’ suffrage campaign wagon) is displayed in the Hall of Governors at the NYS capitol in Albany through May 2012. What a dream come true, and something so many of us have been visualizing for so long. The exhibit honoring the accomplishments of NYS women is under the auspices of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s office, and here’s the press release distributed to spread the word. And other information: Link #1, Link #2. The exhibit opened during Women’s History Month, and what a perfect way to celebrate. And don’t forget to take a look at the article by Tara Bloyd (Edna Kearns’ great-granddaughter) that appeared in “Albany Kid” this past week. Its focus is little Serena Kearns who played a role in the movement as a suffrage poster child.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Birthday parties for suffrage activists are a good way to rock the cradle. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8096 3 hours ago
- Suffrage news notes for December 2013 highlights UN video and what's happening in the UK, plus more. suffragewagon.org/?p=8092 3 days ago
- A 4th birthday for Suffrage Wagon News Channel. Video and centennial links. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8085 1 week ago
- Washing sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving: Marguerite's Musings. suffragewagon.org/?p=8079 1 week ago
- The saga of the lemon meringue pie, women's suffrage style. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8071 2 weeks ago
- The "Spirit of 1776" suffrage wagon under fire 100 years ago. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8069 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook