“The Spirit of 1776″ (Grandmother Edna Kearns’ suffrage campaign wagon) is displayed in the Hall of Governors at the NYS capitol in Albany through May 2012. What a dream come true, and something so many of us have been visualizing for so long. The exhibit honoring the accomplishments of NYS women is under the auspices of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s office, and here’s the press release distributed to spread the word. And other information: Link #1, Link #2. The exhibit opened during Women’s History Month, and what a perfect way to celebrate. And don’t forget to take a look at the article by Tara Bloyd (Edna Kearns’ great-granddaughter) that appeared in “Albany Kid” this past week. Its focus is little Serena Kearns who played a role in the movement as a suffrage poster child.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 3 days ago
- suffragewagon.org/?p=6832 The suffrage wagon shop of the WPU by Kenneth Florey, Part 1. #women #wmnhist 3 days ago
- Part II of article- Suffrage Movement Gets Wheels by Kenneth Florey. #wmnhist #women #usethe19th suffragewagon.org/?p=6660 1 week ago
- Suffrage automobiles: a new form of freedom for women. suffragewagon.org/?p=6520 #wmnhist #women 2 weeks ago
- Tara Bloyd's review of suffrage book for young audiences. suffragewagon.org/?p=6537 2 weeks ago
- Buzz about suffrage wagon centennial, plus news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6510 3 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook