Listen! This podcast of just over two minutes is the introduction to Jailed for Freedom by Doris Stevens who documented the last phase of the struggle for Votes for Women. It explains why a bolder approach was necessary and how this became a state of mind as well as a record of actions. The work is dedicated to Alice Paul. This short clip is from a recording of the entire work, now in the public domain, brought to you by LibriVox. This book can be ordered through Amazon.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Bibliography for Edna Kearns and "Spirit of 1776" wagon. suffragewagon.org/?p=6998 1 day ago
- Centennial of suffragette Emily Davison's death, still controversial. suffragewagon.org/?p=7060#wmnhist 1 day ago
- Another try at Part II of Ken's piece on suffrage wagons #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=7135 1 day ago
- Part II of Kenneth Florey's article on suffrage wagons. #wmnhist 1 day ago
- Join the fight for zero! : shar.es/Zivjf via @globalzero 1 day ago
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook