Listen! This podcast of just over two minutes is the introduction to Jailed for Freedom by Doris Stevens who documented the last phase of the struggle for Votes for Women. It explains why a bolder approach was necessary and how this became a state of mind as well as a record of actions. The work is dedicated to Alice Paul. This short clip is from a recording of the entire work, now in the public domain, brought to you by LibriVox. This book can be ordered through Amazon.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 5 days ago
- suffragewagon.org/?p=6832 The suffrage wagon shop of the WPU by Kenneth Florey, Part 1. #women #wmnhist 5 days ago
- Part II of article- Suffrage Movement Gets Wheels by Kenneth Florey. #wmnhist #women #usethe19th suffragewagon.org/?p=6660 1 week ago
- Suffrage automobiles: a new form of freedom for women. suffragewagon.org/?p=6520 #wmnhist #women 2 weeks ago
- Tara Bloyd's review of suffrage book for young audiences. suffragewagon.org/?p=6537 2 weeks ago
- Buzz about suffrage wagon centennial, plus news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6510 3 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook