“Oh dear, what can the matter be” (a suffrage song) by L. May Wheeler is free for the downloading as a special gift for you during Women’s History Month from performer Gerri Gribi. Enjoy it. When you’re holding a special afternoon tea during March, play it! Gerri talks about the song during an interview that’s available on our suffragewagon.org web site. Check out this short audio clip! “Oh, dear, what can the matter be” is featured on the DVD, “Five Generations and the Million Dollar Wagon.” And the direct link to the song can be found here.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- New York State Legislative Resolution designing July 1, 2013 the "Spirit of 1776" Wagon Day. suffragewagon.org/?p=7323 #wmnhist 15 hours ago
- Grandmother Edna Kearns' "Spirit of 1776" wagon gets media attention 100 years after the fact. news10.com/story/22631348… #wmnhist 18 hours ago
- A video about the suffrage campaign wagon everyone's been hearing about. youtube.com/watch?v=4do9HZ… #wmnhist 2 days ago
- July 1, 2013 will be the "Spirit of 1776" Wagon Day in New York State. suffragewagon.org/?p=7319 #wmnhist 3 days ago
- What was suffrage activist Edna Kearns doing on June 27, 1913? Grassroots organizing, that's what. suffragewagon.org/?p=7312 #wmnhist 6 days ago
- 100 years since suffrage wagon "Spirit of 1776"left Manhattan. Celebrate with video. Ode to wagon. youtube.com/watch?v=SBXBu3… 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook