It’s going to be a busy month for me as I join up with musician Gerri Gribi who’s bringing her autoharp and mountain dulcimer to the Santa Fe area for a whirlwind performance tour to celebrate Women’s History Month. She’ll be singing and I’ll tell stories about my grandmother, Edna Buckman Kearns. Gerri and I will be at the New Mexico School for the Arts, on KSFR radio with Diego Mulligan, the featured guests at a Saturday, March 5th meeting of the Santa Fe chapter of the American Association of University Women, as well as presenting a special program and afternoon tea party on Sunday, March 6th for the Abiquiu Library and Cultural Center. Later in the month, there’s a women’s history program for federal employees in Albuquerque. I’ll be breathless and exhausted by the end of March!
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Bibliography for Edna Kearns and "Spirit of 1776" wagon. suffragewagon.org/?p=6998 4 hours ago
- Centennial of suffragette Emily Davison's death, still controversial. suffragewagon.org/?p=7060#wmnhist 4 hours ago
- Another try at Part II of Ken's piece on suffrage wagons #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=7135 4 hours ago
- Part II of Kenneth Florey's article on suffrage wagons. #wmnhist 5 hours ago
- Join the fight for zero! : shar.es/Zivjf via @globalzero 5 hours ago
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook