We had a great time on Saturday, February 12th celebrating Susan B. Anthony’s birthday in Santa Fe. Tea and sweets. Live music. A dramatic presentation and commentary. Here’s the program! The edited script from the public record of Susan’s arrest for voting in 1872 was a hit. Susan’s feisty spirit amazed the group of about 25 who gathered at the Quaker Meeting on Canyon Road (Susan was raised a Quaker). Celebrating Susan’s birthday is part of a long tradition in the U.S. Ninety-six years ago, my grandmother (Edna Buckman Kearns) was on the planning committee of a Susan B. Anthony tea at the Hotel Biltmore in NYC. See the Feb. 9, 1915 program: page 1 -page 2 -page 3 March is Women’s History Month, and the time is NOW to be planning a women’s history program or afternoon tea of your own during March. See the planning page on our web site. Large birthday parties were thrown for Susan in 1870, 1890, 1900 and 1906. A new book by Penny Coleman will be published in May 2011 about the significance of the friendship and working relationship of Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Also, take an online tour of the Susan B. Anthony House in New York State.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 6 days ago
- suffragewagon.org/?p=6832 The suffrage wagon shop of the WPU by Kenneth Florey, Part 1. #women #wmnhist 6 days ago
- Part II of article- Suffrage Movement Gets Wheels by Kenneth Florey. #wmnhist #women #usethe19th suffragewagon.org/?p=6660 1 week ago
- Suffrage automobiles: a new form of freedom for women. suffragewagon.org/?p=6520 #wmnhist #women 2 weeks ago
- Tara Bloyd's review of suffrage book for young audiences. suffragewagon.org/?p=6537 2 weeks ago
- Buzz about suffrage wagon centennial, plus news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6510 3 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook