You bet they did, says performer Gerri Gribi. Listen to a two-minute segment of a longer audio interview with Gerri where she discusses the role of music in suffrage activism. Gerri performs suffrage songs for audiences across the country during special programs and celebrations highlighting the suffrage movement and other occasions related to women’s social and musical history. Songs were important in parades. At special teas and receptions it wasn’t uncommon to have a woman performer either sing or play a musical instrument.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Bake holiday cookies by watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and find out holiday relationship to Seneca Falls, NY. newyorkhistoryblog.org/2013/12/09/its… 2 days ago
- Birthday parties for suffrage activists are a good way to rock the cradle. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8096 3 days ago
- Suffrage news notes for December 2013 highlights UN video and what's happening in the UK, plus more. suffragewagon.org/?p=8092 6 days ago
- A 4th birthday for Suffrage Wagon News Channel. Video and centennial links. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8085 1 week ago
- Washing sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving: Marguerite's Musings. suffragewagon.org/?p=8079 2 weeks ago
- The saga of the lemon meringue pie, women's suffrage style. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8071 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook