You bet they did, says performer Gerri Gribi. Listen to a two-minute segment of a longer audio interview with Gerri where she discusses the role of music in suffrage activism. Gerri performs suffrage songs for audiences across the country during special programs and celebrations highlighting the suffrage movement and other occasions related to women’s social and musical history. Songs were important in parades. At special teas and receptions it wasn’t uncommon to have a woman performer either sing or play a musical instrument.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 4 days ago
- suffragewagon.org/?p=6832 The suffrage wagon shop of the WPU by Kenneth Florey, Part 1. #women #wmnhist 4 days ago
- Part II of article- Suffrage Movement Gets Wheels by Kenneth Florey. #wmnhist #women #usethe19th suffragewagon.org/?p=6660 1 week ago
- Suffrage automobiles: a new form of freedom for women. suffragewagon.org/?p=6520 #wmnhist #women 2 weeks ago
- Tara Bloyd's review of suffrage book for young audiences. suffragewagon.org/?p=6537 2 weeks ago
- Buzz about suffrage wagon centennial, plus news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6510 3 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook