You bet they did, says performer Gerri Gribi. Listen to a two-minute segment of a longer audio interview with Gerri where she discusses the role of music in suffrage activism. Gerri performs suffrage songs for audiences across the country during special programs and celebrations highlighting the suffrage movement and other occasions related to women’s social and musical history. Songs were important in parades. At special teas and receptions it wasn’t uncommon to have a woman performer either sing or play a musical instrument.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- A video about the suffrage campaign wagon everyone's been hearing about. youtube.com/watch?v=4do9HZ… #wmnhist 1 day ago
- July 1, 2013 will be the "Spirit of 1776" Wagon Day in New York State. suffragewagon.org/?p=7319 #wmnhist 2 days ago
- What was suffrage activist Edna Kearns doing on June 27, 1913? Grassroots organizing, that's what. suffragewagon.org/?p=7312 #wmnhist 5 days ago
- 100 years since suffrage wagon "Spirit of 1776"left Manhattan. Celebrate with video. Ode to wagon. youtube.com/watch?v=SBXBu3… 6 days ago
- Visit Seneca Falls, NY: Cradle of the women's rights movement in the US. suffragewagon.org/?p=7306 1 week ago
- Kenneth Florey's book on suffrage memorabilia now available. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=7297 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook