What a way to celebrate the New Year as I concentrate over the next few weeks and dive into grandmother Edna’s life and correspondence. I watched “Iron Jawed Angels” which focused on Alice Paul and others who worked their fingers to the bone for a national suffrage amendment. There were no films like this when I was growing up. And there’s another reason to celebrate. The year 2010 is the 90th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment to the U.S. constitution. Women worked hard and long for it. Our grandmothers and great grandmothers were in the front lines. This is a highlight of how Hollywood dealt with the issue.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- A 4th birthday for Suffrage Wagon News Channel. Video and centennial links. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8085 3 days ago
- Washing sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving: Marguerite's Musings. suffragewagon.org/?p=8079 1 week ago
- The saga of the lemon meringue pie, women's suffrage style. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8071 1 week ago
- The "Spirit of 1776" suffrage wagon under fire 100 years ago. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8069 1 week ago
- 12-year-old who calls herself a "suffragette" takes on NC governor. bayoubuzz.com/us-news/item/5… 2 weeks ago
- Planning for 2017 suffrage centennial in New York State, plus Susan B. Anthony news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=8020 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook