What a way to celebrate the New Year as I concentrate over the next few weeks and dive into grandmother Edna’s life and correspondence. I watched “Iron Jawed Angels” which focused on Alice Paul and others who worked their fingers to the bone for a national suffrage amendment. There were no films like this when I was growing up. And there’s another reason to celebrate. The year 2010 is the 90th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment to the U.S. constitution. Women worked hard and long for it. Our grandmothers and great grandmothers were in the front lines. This is a highlight of how Hollywood dealt with the issue.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Bibliography for Edna Kearns and "Spirit of 1776" wagon. suffragewagon.org/?p=6998 6 hours ago
- Centennial of suffragette Emily Davison's death, still controversial. suffragewagon.org/?p=7060#wmnhist 6 hours ago
- Another try at Part II of Ken's piece on suffrage wagons #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=7135 6 hours ago
- Part II of Kenneth Florey's article on suffrage wagons. #wmnhist 6 hours ago
- Join the fight for zero! : shar.es/Zivjf via @globalzero 7 hours ago
- Motorcycle ride to Seneca Falls, NY, plus May 2013 suffrage news notes. suffragewagon.org/?p=6682 #women #wmnhist 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook