The New York City Edna moved to with her new husband, Wilmer R. Kearns, was bustling with activists and new ideas. The NYP is my least favorite newspaper, but a feature article highlighting this period of history lays it out in “Bohemian Rhapsody,” which mentions suffrage activism of the women of the period.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- Suffrage news notes for December 2013 highlights UN video and what's happening in the UK, plus more. suffragewagon.org/?p=8092 1 day ago
- A 4th birthday for Suffrage Wagon News Channel. Video and centennial links. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8085 5 days ago
- Washing sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving: Marguerite's Musings. suffragewagon.org/?p=8079 1 week ago
- The saga of the lemon meringue pie, women's suffrage style. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8071 1 week ago
- The "Spirit of 1776" suffrage wagon under fire 100 years ago. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=8069 2 weeks ago
- 12-year-old who calls herself a "suffragette" takes on NC governor. bayoubuzz.com/us-news/item/5… 2 weeks ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook