After leaving New York State behind in 1920 when she moved back to her family home in Pennsylvania, Edna May Buckman will return to New York when her horse-drawn carriage used for the suffrage campaign goes on exhibit at the New York State Museum in Albany in 2010. A new wing of the museum is being planned that highlights women’s rights in New York State. This article is from Legacy Magazine, Summer 2008.
The suffrage campaign wagon used by Edna Buckman Kearns.
- A video about the suffrage campaign wagon everyone's been hearing about. youtube.com/watch?v=4do9HZ… #wmnhist 1 day ago
- July 1, 2013 will be the "Spirit of 1776" Wagon Day in New York State. suffragewagon.org/?p=7319 #wmnhist 1 day ago
- What was suffrage activist Edna Kearns doing on June 27, 1913? Grassroots organizing, that's what. suffragewagon.org/?p=7312 #wmnhist 5 days ago
- 100 years since suffrage wagon "Spirit of 1776"left Manhattan. Celebrate with video. Ode to wagon. youtube.com/watch?v=SBXBu3… 6 days ago
- Visit Seneca Falls, NY: Cradle of the women's rights movement in the US. suffragewagon.org/?p=7306 1 week ago
- Kenneth Florey's book on suffrage memorabilia now available. #wmnhist suffragewagon.org/?p=7297 1 week ago
Member: National Storytelling Network
Let’s Link Up on Facebook